Five Ideas for Using Rustic Picture Frames
At Rustic Frames by Cherise, we’re passionate about reclaiming wood and saving it from the landfill or burn pile.
Whether it’s furrowed barnwood that has braved 10,000 rainstorms, paint-chipped door casing from a Victorian home, or extinct American Chestnut planking from a century-old cabin, we’re giving new life to discarded wood while uniquely preserving history.
We also take pride in helping market shoppers choose the perfect rustic frames to display their treasured family photos, original watercolors, or other artwork. With nearly two decades of professional framing experience, we offer customers advice on mat color, how to properly hang their artwork, and other framing essentials.
In that same spirit of service, we offer these five quick ideas for using rustic frames and for making your shopping experience with us fun and easy.
Be sure to visit our booth this season!
1. Take your picture “shopping.”People tell us they’ve been wanting a rustic picture frame. But they can’t decide which one because they didn’t bring along their artwork. You bring your appetite to the market each Saturday to enjoy made-to-order burgers and other “walking around”food. Why not pack that family photo on market day and visit us for a “test frame?”
2. You DO have a picture to fit that frame. You just haven’t printed it yet! Digital photography has made it easier than ever to print pictures to nearly any size. If you can’t print a quality 4”x6”or 8”x10”at home, save your photo to a memory card, visit your local photo shop, and print it to fit that barnwood frame you’ve been eyeing.
3. Rustic frames make great gifts. And so do our other rustic creations, like framed accent mirrors and framed wooden art transfers. Fact is, our artisan-made creations are one-of-a-kind. Consider buying your loved ones rustic wall decor as a birthday, Christmas, anniversary, or anytime gift. Each time they admire it on their wall, they’ll think of you and smile!
4. Country wedding? Two words: Barnwood frames! We’ve helped many newlyweds frame the memories of their special day, whether they were married beside a favorite waterfall, on a family farm, or in a grove of maples in fiery fall splendor. Barnwood frames are the finishing touch for any outdoor wedding photo. They make great bridal party gifts too!
5. Narrow wall? No problem! So the only blank wall space in your home looks barely wide enough for a postage stamp? Think again: A great way to decorate a wall 48”wide or less is to fill it vertically with several framed 4”x6”or 5”x7”photos. You can even mix up the frame sizes. It’s up to you! The result is a cozy “photo nook”that you can walk up and admire anytime. And displaying your family vacation or outdoor adventure photos in one-of-a-kind recycled wood frames makes those memories even richer.