Raised Beds in progress
ONE day and counting! We can’t wait to walk into the 2012 season of the LCM Saturday, May 26th from 8 am till noon. There will be many new things this season that we think you will agree will improve your Market Experience.
- Our “Friends of the Market” program will kick off with our “carrots”. For a $2 donation you will recieve a “carrot” stake that you can proudly display in your yard, garden or driveway to show that you love and support the Ligonier Country Market. Carrots will be available at the red Market Manager’s tent.
- The purple raised beds will be host to our newly created Kid’s Garden. Sign up will be at the Kid’s Corner tent on May 26th. See the Special Features page for more information.
- Next we are adding musical entertainment more often this year. Check out the music page under Special Features.
- More than 20 new vendors will be setting up this season along with many of your favorites from years gone by.
- New Market Manager, Angela Iezzi will be in her new Market Manager’s tent. You can’t miss her tent…it’s red! Stop by and introduce yourself or ask questions about the Market and it’s vendors.
Thanks for everyone who came out in the heat to visit the Ligonier Country Market’s 2012 debut! We think it was a record breaking crowd for the opening day. Most vendors were very pleased at the turn out. Thank you again!
The Kid’s Garden had about 15 or so children sign up to plant the garden on June 9th. If you missed the registration at the Market, no worry. You can still show up on June 9th and sign up on the spot. There is room for more participants. Many familes took the flyers with them from the Market to think about the project, so if you are one of those families and want to join in, you still can.
A hilltop view of the Market looking east
Don’t miss out on a stellar day at the Market this Saturday. There should be raspberries, lettuces, scallions,radishes, spinach and asparagus along with vegetables, annuals and perennials to plant.
Just as a reminder, this is the day that the kids get to plant their garden in the purple raised beds. They will be instructed by Penn State Master Gardener, Dr. Wilma Light and assisted by the Weeders and Seeders. Gardeners are to meet at the raised beds at 8 am sharp!
Also this Saturday the Laurel Highlands Blue Grass Festival will be pickin’ and grinnin’ at the Special Features tent at the end of aisles A and B. This is the first of many musical acts we intend on bringing to the LCM this summer.
The weather is going to be great, so get up early and come on out to Ligonier’s favorite Saturday morning tradition. We’ll be there from 8 am until noon!
Saturday June 9th was our day to plant veggies and flowers at the newly created
- Some of our new gardeners pose for a photo
Kids Garden at the Ligonier Country Market.
. Here are some of the participants that showed up to help learn about gardening and planting seeds and transplants. Fun was had by all and thanks to Dr. Wilma Light and her volunteers from the Weeders and Seeders for helping make the Kid’s Garden get off to a great start. Check out the bean tower and the fun scarecrows along the fence, made by Dr. Light.
Look for weekly progress, and stop by with your children to help weed and water the growing plants. Water is located to the right of the garden behind the shrubbery. Bring a small watering can from home if you can.
Remember that July 28th is our harvest day. We will pick what’s ready and make some yummy dish for all to taste and share.